


Everything went pretty good, very very quickly. I woke up about 4:45 AM crampy and uncomfortable but I have been for about the last week, but usually it's just once or twice during the night and that's it and I can fall back asleep. This time I couldn't, I kept feeling crampy so I got up and it continued so I got stuff together just in case, eat breakfast, showered, snuggled with Aliya and decided to head to the hospital around 8:30 or so. We got there at 9, they put me in an evaluation room first, (they were busy) so they didn't end up checking me until 10:20 and I was a 4, the said she would check me again in about 10 minutes at 11:15 and if I had changed I would be admitted if not she would have to see what Dr. Smigaj said. I told Jamey there was no way we were going home, the contractions were no more then 5 minutes apart lasting almost a minute and I was starting to not be able to talk through them. She checked me again at 11:30 I was a 5 -6 and finally decided to admit me, got to my room around noon started IV and blood work for a epidural and going through pages of questions and my water broke about 12:35 so the nurse left to check on the blood work for the epidural about 12:45 and suddenly she dropped and she was ready to come... Jamey's mom Patti when running out to get the nurse and said the baby's coming and the nurse was like yeah I know.. and Patti was like no she's coming now! You need to get in there! So she came and was like OMG get a DR. in here NOW!!! They had to steal the Dr. next door who was in the middle of a deliver until Dr. Smigaj could make up there. She got there in time to finish delivering Kylie, her head was already out and Kylie gave her quite the bath of amniotic fluid so she had to find some scrubs to wear. So needless to say no time for an epidural or any medication! I was also suppose to get treated with penicillin for Strep B but they didn't even get that started either.


No comments:
Post a Comment